Agatha Chocolats has kindly nominated me for the 2016 Liebster Award. I’ve been following her blog for a few months now. It is an unexpected but fun mix of chocolate-related information, murder mysteries and cutesy GIFs. As a fellow chocolate and murder enthusiast… mystery enthusiast… it made perfect sense to add her to my reader! One of my favorite parts is her regular Thursday 13 recipe feature. They include posts like 13 Surprise Cakes and 13 Turtle Recipes. Yum! Agatha also offers her own ‘Bite-Sized Mysteries‘ for the sleuth-inclined. Quick and mysterious exercises that you can try to solve on your own. In Mark Your Calendar for Murder, Agatha alerts us of official and unofficial food holidays with related mystery books. For example, Harper Lin’s ‘Margaritas, Marzipan and Murder’ for Margarita Day! Her other lucky nominees can be viewed here.
“The Liebster Award 2016 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The award is a way to be discovered but also to connect and support the blogging community. A great idea in promoting your own blog and others. Originally it was given out to blogs with less than 2000 readers but this has slowly lowed as the reward has gained popularity. It is now only 200 readers or less.”
How to participate if you have been nominated:
- Thank your nominator.
- Answer the questions at the end of this post.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Write 150 words minimum about a favorite blog (aside from your own!).
- Include a pic of the award.
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs, give them a link to your post and inform them of the rules.
- Leave a link to your post for the Global Aussie so he knows who has been nominated.
- What would be the motto of your blog?
SweetMeets BakeShop: Introducing you to your new favorite sweets!
Not only do I want to post delicious dessert recipes, I also want to share the history of specific recipes, ingredients or techniques.
- What is your favorite childhood book?
Grimm’s Fairy Tales. I had a super-old illustrated anthology of all the stories.
- What is the best pairing for chocolate?
I love chocolate with pretty much anything so this is tough… I’m going to say bourbon and pecans with milk chocolate, as in Derby pie!
- Which forms of social media do you most like to use when connecting with your readers outside of your blog?
I also interact with followers on Twitter, Facebook and Yummly but Pinterest is my favorite platform. It’s a great way to share recipes and check out other cool stuff.
- If you could invite three people over for dinner (living, dead, fictional, …any body!), who would you invite?
My little sister, Tina Fey and Méret Oppenheim.
- What would you serve?
My grandma’s chicken and noodles, raspberry margaritas and some kind of over-the-top brownie recipe.
- What are your 5 best qualities?
I listen to what people are really saying and give them my honest advice. I’m early for everything. I can make a Sharpie do what a Micron wishes it could. I can solve the crimes on Law and Order within the first 5 minutes of the episode. I can put booze in anything and still make it work. What I’m trying to say is I’m magical.
- What is the best thing covered in chocolate?
- What is your passion?
I really want to help people out, whether through yummy dessert recipes or lending them an ear. I would like to get into counseling as a career and advocate for victims’ rights.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Equality for everyone, regardless of whatever arbitrary distinction is keeping them from being fully valued as a citizen. Free books for life. Also kittens. Chai and I would like some of those.
- What’s your favorite thing you’ve posted? Share the link!
My favorite post so far is probably Chocolate Forever Cookies with Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting. Yummy…
Random Facts About Me
On May 8th of this year, I will graduate magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in art after 6 years in school!
I respect and admire street artists like Swoon and Banksy.
I’m a big fan of comics and animation, especially CLAMP, old-school Disney, Studio Ghibli and American publishers of creator-owned titles like Caliber and Icon.
I found my cat and sous chef Chai living in a bush outside my apartment building. After wooing her for a couple months with pets and tuna, she decided to come live with me.
I most commonly read books from the paranormal romance genre. I just love a good story about a nurse falling in love with a vampiric prince and somehow making babies with him, ok!?
I worked in a sporting goods warehouse for a year so I can drive a forklift, fill batteries and cram a motorcycle or ATV rim inside a new tire.
I’m a fan of homeopathic medicine. I use chamomile tea instead of prescription sleep aids and peppermint oil instead of heartburn meds.
I study psychology in order to feel more comfortable around these strange creatures known as humans.
I love cop procedurals. My favs are Criminal Minds, Blue Bloods and Law and Order SVU.
I hate desserts with bacon in them. I like my bacon and my desserts separate, thank you very much.
I do Pilates and yoga every week and I actually like it!
Questions for my nominees…
- If you had your human body, but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten on a vacation?
- If you could have an endless supply of one specific type of food, what would you pick?
- What was your favorite Halloween costume?
- If you were an ice cream flavor, which one would you be?
- What is your favorite cartoon character?
- Do you have a pet? If not, what sort of pet would you like?
- What crazy thing do you dream of doing someday?
- What is a weird habit that you have?
- What was your favorite sweet as a child?
- If you absolutely had to change your name, what would you change it to?